Labels: ,

The Day After the Gumball Dropped





I really enjoyed my last day of vacation with my family today. 











For breakfast, hubby made a full course.  I enjoyed a 1/2 piece of toast with about a teaspoon of peanut butter, 1 turkey sausage patty, 1 scrambled egg (with catsup) and about a tablespoon of hash browns.  All for 245 calories and 18 grams of protein.  The sausage patties were new to our house and they were pretty good.  I would have preferred a little spicier but nothing a dash of Red Hot won't fix.  

8 grams of Protein per Patty
 

 My four year old, "K", helped me make dinner today and she turned her nose up at every turn.  Especially at the mushrooms I covered the main course with.  She exclaimed she was not going to eat that and I explained to her that sometimes we have to eat things that are better for us in order to eat the other things we really like to eat.  She wasn't buying that so I reminded her that yesterday she got to pick Chicken nuggets for dinner and tonight it was my turn to pick.  She seemed to accept that a little easier.  

She was obsessed with the ball dropping last night or the "gumball" as she referred to it.  She was out like a light within 20 minutes after the stroke of midnight.  Bless her heart, she was a trooper.  She spent a good deal of the day wanting to play "Happy New Year" all over again.  

My hubby went to the store and picked me up some new Greek yogurt I haven't tried.  I'll let you know how it pans out.  I'm not a big fan of Greek yogurt but I sacrifice for the protein punch it gives me.  One day, I too, shall find one I like or resort to throwing in a 1/2 scoop of unflavored protein into a low-fat one.  


Tomorrow, on the blog,  I am starting a series of "Following the Golden Road to Happiness.  There will be five posts throughout the week.  I'm excited for you to join me on the journey!  It's inter-active, so I'm excited to see your responses.  

I'm going to wind down the rest of my evening watching some television with my family and visiting some other blogs.  TLC is re-running My 600 Pound Life if you haven't seen it, it's amazing.  

With that, I leave you a picture of Poochy, part of the inspiration that created this blog. 

Poochy



2 comments:

  1. I got a poochy from my dr the day I had surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine to keep me great company that first night. The anesthesia made me pretty cranky - I wanted no one around me. I had all these people wanting to celebrate with me from my mom and hubby and aunt and father in law and the first thing out of my mouth was "Quit touching me!" ... never had such a bad reaction before. :)

      Delete

 
Poochy Ponders © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters