Labels:

Following the Golden Road to Happiness in 10 Steps: Part 2 of 5

In our second set of steps to Following the Golden Road to Happiness, we must forgive ourselves and others.  Carrying around the extra baggage only fills our mind and hearts with negativity.  Free yourself from these burdens so that happiness can radiate within you.  I wrote a letter to myself and forgave myself for abusing my body all these years.  I wrote to my father who has passed and forgave him for his alcoholism and how it affected my life.  I gave him love again rather than my resentment and it was freeing.  Others, I was able to put aside and say it doesn't matter anymore because it was time to move on.  I can't say what will work for you but it's important that you take this step.

Next, we need to list out all of our accomplishments.  What are you proud of? We all have them, you just have to admit to them. Some of mine are raising my children, getting my Master's degree. paying off my new car, surviving Cervical Cancer and of course loving myself.

Today's journey and every day after: 

1.  List out the things that made you smile in your journey today. How many can you find? 
2.  What did you celebrate today? 
3.  Forgive yourself and others. 
4.  Make a list of all your accomplishments - don't forget the little things! 


1 comments:

  1. This is so important, because to be able to do this frees at least a few more reasons (through eternity)...to grab crap and eat to stuff these feelings down deep. Good reminder; thanks!

    p.s. my dad was an alcoholic too. It's amazing, and yet not, how many on this journey have that similar history.

    ReplyDelete

 
Poochy Ponders © 2012 | Designed by Canvas Art, in collaboration with Business Listings , Radio stations and Corporate Office Headquarters